Friday, July 17, 2009

Why Polar Bears don't eat Penguins

In nature animals have natural enemies that hunt and eat them. The lower the animal is in the Ecological pyramid the higher is the risk. The animals that eat plants are hunted by those that eat meat. The smaller the animal is the greater the danger.

Animals that live in extreme environments suffer also from weather like in deserts or polar areas. In these areas food is extremely scare and every little piece is used.

Once I was asked why Penguins are not eaten by Polar Bears.

The question intrigued me, but the answer wasn't clear to me.

As far as I could recall I never saw a picture of a Polar Bear eating a Penguin.

It took me some time till I solved the riddle.

The Polar Bears live in the Northern hemisphere and the Penguins

in the Southern hemisphere, so they never meet....

This YouTube video shows the impossible meeting.

! If you want to open a link with a new browser page without closing the original page:

Click on the link while you hold the CTRL key also down.

No comments: