Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Jewish humour

Through thousands of years the Jewish people developed a special kind of humour based on lots and lots of self-irony and subtle hints.

"Humour is the weapon of the weak ones," a wise person once said.
My friend David Minkoff keeps the banner of Jewish humour high in his website "The Jewish Jokes of awordinyoureye.com"


Whenever my mood needs a boost, I go to his website and read the jokes he carefully gathered from all around the world.
When reading his jokes, they often echo in my mind in Yiddish, the language of humor and sadness.

So when you need a smile or if you serve God in your church, mosque or synagogue and need a punchline for your sermon, just go to his website.

I salute David for the ongoing service he provides, by making this hectic world a bit nicer to live in.

No comments: